Liberal Chrystie & Proud of it!

Progressive Liberal. Supportive of Our Troops. Historical Preservationist & of our Social Security, Parks & Forests, Clean Air, Waters and Mother Earth ~ Liberal, Just Like Christ. Blogging for Return of our Sanity. Lover of Tolerance.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Liberal Chrystie is Back!

Shew. Its' been sometime since I've posted here on my blog and you know, I rather missed it. Besides moving, which was "something else," the dog and cats are settled-in enjoying the squirrels and robins (yes, robins in January if one can imagine on the middle east coast) as much as I look foward to Spring when I can get some much needed repairs done to this ole', but new place.

Checked my postings and was pleasantly surprised and quite honored to see 2 pertinent posters. So, without further ado it gives me great pleasure to suggest these highly significant, and in my viewpoint, two of the best Christian (slash) liberal web sites on the net.

First, there is "Liberals Like Christ." Written by "liberator_rev," if there was an award for those that have placed unimaginable amount of personal, gut-wrenching time, effort and earnest hard-work into, well, it's certainly this site. But, don't be fooled by the entry page. There is no possible way one can untertake everything Liberator_rev has to offer - no way, not in one sitting. So, visit and bookmark. You'll want to return again and again! Matter-of-fact, there is so much reading here, it might take weeks to gather it all in but worth every moment of your time. Besides, every now and then (everyday in these trying times) we all need a place to hang-out at, where we feel welcomed and at peace.

The second website, "Jesus Was a Liberal" is another outstanding place to visit. I was especially impressed with the welcome line which reads, "Defending classical American pluralistic liberalism from both extreme right-wing dogmatically-correct religious and left-wing politically-correct secular theocrats by appealing to the teachings of Jesus as the role model for ethical and rational dialogue in a democracy under the rule of law. Freedom for all of us, not just the elite." -- Wow. Created by Richard Mathis of North Carolina, you'll enjoy this site (hopefully), as I have.

Kudos to both. I've added a link on the right sidebar to both.

And, may God bless all... :)

Liberal Chrystie is back and I've really got my work cut-out for me now. Shew.
Taht's really putting it mildly.

P.S. Looking forward to hearing from one and all.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Rick said…

    Thanks ever so much. I appreciate any encouragement and am glad that you found my site beneficial. I also like your approach and will certainly be back on a regular basis. Godspeace.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Liberal Chrystie said…

    Thanks Rick, for your encouragement. It's sincerely appreciated.

    Many of us "out here" are kindred souls, all in search of togetherness. It reminds me of a song I heard as a child called "People, people who need people, are the luckest people, in the world..."

    Please, come back. My blog could use the traffic, and I'll be checking in on your blog, as well and if you don't mind, if and when you find other like-minded blogs, comment a link to the site.

    And lastly, Godspeed to you and your loved-ones, too!

    Peace to you, Rick.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home